Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beginning and End of the Day

Sorry that it has been a while since I have posted. Spring is a busy time of year around a house, but especially a first spring in a new house, not to mention a farm. I have been busy landscaping and working on various projects every chance that I get.
One of my favorite times of the day here is the morning because we get the sunrise coming up behind the hill at the back of the property and the light washes over just about everything. The animals are relying on you and are excited to have the whole day ahead of them. Sadly I'm usually in a hurry to get to work in the morning, it's too bad that gets in the way of enjoying it out here. Sarah and I talk about how peaceful and quiet it is out here. Not too far away from other humans so as to feel alone but close enough to feel safe and yet far enough to have complete privacy. It kind of feels like being on vacation all the time. I thought I would share some photos of the mornings here followed by pre-dusk photos. Another favorite time of mine. Again the light is soft, the animals are ready to eat one last time before bed and the sounds change into that of evening. I always felt that winter time was quiet enough to hear. But out here all seasons are quiet enough to hear. Even with the sounds of bugs, frogs, crickets, birds, owls, etc it is a different quiet. We're quite lucky!  I have a busy weekend ahead.  Our 110 trees that I ordered are arriving Saturday and my Dad and I will be busy planting them.  And let's not forget GO SABRES!!!!

This is a photo of a spider plant in our bathroom with the morning light backlighting it.

Czar would really rather I be feeding him than posing for photos in the morning.  He looked so good, again the backlight helps, and I made him wait for his breakfast while I went in the house to get the camera.
Traveler hangs out in the morning while I take care of the barn crew.
This is a stunning image to see when you open the barn door.  I couldn't resist this photo!
or this one.
And this was shot as dusk was approaching and the sun was setting.  Sadly we don't get the sunsets here but it still creates some stunning images.

No comments: