Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Twinkle Twinkle

It's that time of year when the pasture is aglow with one of my favorite creatures in all the world, the firefly, aka lightning bugs.  It is quite breathtaking to walk out back into the darkness only to see the pasture twinkling as though it were full of stars that fell out of the sky or a net of Christmas trees lights set on twinkle.  This is something that I so look forward to showing our children someday as to this day even well into adulthood it is one of those things that truly makes my childlike sense of wonder go wild.

I took these photos about this time last year and while they aren't great I don't know that I could do any better and they really do get the point across!  I love this time of year.  Happy first day of summer/summer solstice/longest day of the year.



1 comment:

Dad said...

Eric, love these photo's you certainly can capture mother nature at it's best, and mother nature has provided a canvas for you to appreciate and to share with all to enjoy. Thanks for giving all of us the chance to see the beauty in nature that is out there. Love Dad